There already exists an Exchange organization (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation

jai23155 -> There already exists an Exchange organization (9.Jun.2011 4:56:47 PM)

when i am trying to install exchange 2010 on 2008 r2 member server, readiness check is failing at organisation prerequisites asking to modify AD with setup /prepareAD. when i ran prepareAD i get the following error.

Exchange organization name cannot be specified. There already exists an Exchange organization with name 'XXXX'.

i think this is because of my earlier unsuccessful attempts of installing exchange. can someone help me to get pass this. thanks

can i give the other name? or can i delete the organisation from ADSIedit?? what ever it takes, i need to get exchange up n running by this Sunday.

Paul Cunningham -> RE: There already exists an Exchange organization (9.Jun.2011 11:15:35 PM)

Is there any reason you can't just proceed with the organization name that you've already prepped AD with?

jai23155 -> RE: There already exists an Exchange organization (10.Jun.2011 5:55:53 AM)

what do you mean? when i give the command setup /preparead, it is asking for organisation name. when i give the organisation name it says there already exists. a bit confused. could you be more specific please..

Paul Cunningham -> RE: There already exists an Exchange organization (10.Jun.2011 9:31:34 AM)

You say you've previously tried to install Exchange 2010 in this Forest. So the Forest has already been prepped for Exchange 2010 with an organization name.

I take it this time you're trying to prep it for a different organization name. Is there any reason why you can't just continue with the same organization name as the last time you tried to install Exchange 2010?

It might also help if you included the exact command lines you're running, and the exact error message each one gives you.

jai23155 -> RE: There already exists an Exchange organization (10.Jun.2011 9:56:22 AM)

proceeded with the same name. now came across a different error, might have to delete wellknownobjects. will post the results soon. thanks for the help.

Page: [1]