Block incoming domain and send a response back? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing

Tony414 -> Block incoming domain and send a response back? (15.Jun.2011 1:13:21 PM)

Hello,
I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum for this question. I am trying to see if this is possible. Can I reject email coming from a certain domain "yourdomain.com" and have an auto response sent back to them saying it was rejected? Or will this happen automatically once I block the domain? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tony

bpara -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 9:05:26 AM)

you can do archive.

-bpara

Tony414 -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 9:10:34 AM)

What is archive? I'm sorry I don't understand.

bpara -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 9:13:52 AM)

In hub transport you can create rule for the same.

Tony414 -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 9:21:02 AM)

Thanks, Is there anyway of getting some direction on this? I have never done what you're suggesting. Or a link to a "how to"? Thanks

de.blackman -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 11:47:53 AM)

you can use a transport rule on the hub transport server that rejects messages from that domain and select an autoresponse to be sent back to the sender.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/transport-rules-exchange-server-2007.html

Tony414 -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 12:01:23 PM)

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!

Tony

Tony414 -> RE: Block incoming domain and send a response back? (17.Jun.2011 12:15:05 PM)

Ok, one thing I am not seeing or I am missing. How would I enter a domain in? I want to block all emails coming from a certain domain. Maybe I'm missing this in the list...

Page: [1]