• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

recipient policy not showing new domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> recipient policy not showing new domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
recipient policy not showing new domain - 15.Jun.2011 2:34:19 PM   
mework

I need to have our Exchange 2003 server host multiple email domains, and have read through Amit Zinman's articles (Shared Hosting with Exchange 2003). I have run through the steps outlined there, but when I attempt to create new users in the OU added to hold users for the new email domain, the only domain that shows is the original one.

I need a way to troubleshoot why this is happening.

Can anyone suggest how ?
Post #: 1
RE: recipient policy not showing new domain - 15.Jun.2011 10:48:31 PM   
mework

yes, I am filtering with an LDAP query, as specified in the article referenced above. The point is that when I right-click the OU created to hold the users for the new email domain, and click new user, the drop-down for the email domain only lists the orginal domain, not the new domain, as the article indicates it should.

Funny thing is that nowhere in the article does it explain how the new OU should be associated with the new email domain, only how the new universal group becomes associated with it.

Any ideas ?
Post #: 2
RE: recipient policy not showing new domain - 16.Jun.2011 10:53:12 AM   
mework

Thank you for pointing that out. Can I trouble you to look at the article "Shared Hosting with Exchange 2003 (Part 1)", where the 16th screen shot from the beginning of the article (second shot below the text "Now is the time to create some Dogfood users") shows that new user dialog, and magically the @dogfood.com domain shows in the dropdown, although that is the added email domain, not the original ? How is that accomplished ?
Post #: 3
RE: recipient policy not showing new domain - 16.Jun.2011 11:34:13 PM   
mework

The articles are on this website, but if you google the title, you will come up with it right away.

I disregarded the drop-down, as you suggested, and after creating users and reapplying the policy, they all came up with the new address. Hooray !

I think that I will repost Zinman's article with additional notes.
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> recipient policy not showing new domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter