How to View users oab properties?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General

jcman23 -> How to View users oab properties?? (20.Jun.2011 9:02:23 AM)

There is an AD exchange atrtribute "msexchuseoab". Is there a way to view this for a user in powershell. I have tried get-user, get-aduser, get-mailbox. Unsuccessful however. Any ideas?

travis.sheldon -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (21.Jun.2011 12:41:45 PM)

It's returned from the Get-Mailbox command as "OfflineAddressBook"

It doesn't show the distinguished name, rather, it looks up the Display name of the OAB by DN.

jcman23 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (22.Jun.2011 8:38:14 AM)

So would you type: get-mailbox user@address | FL OfflineAddressBook? I'm wanting to see the properties of this attribute on the user? Thanks.

travis.sheldon -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (22.Jun.2011 9:24:16 AM)

Correct, and when you set the address book, you do it by name and not DN of the OAB

jcman23 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (23.Jun.2011 6:49:43 PM)

What do you mean by name? I thought that this is set by the dn value in ad? Cheers

faolennart -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (23.Jun.2011 7:25:59 PM)

I think you’ve made some truly interesting points. Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you did it so well, with so much class. Thanks.

travis.sheldon -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (23.Jun.2011 10:00:39 PM)

If you view the users properties in active directory the msexchangeuseoab property will show the distinguished name. If you use exchange shell to set the offlineaddressbook for a user itlll take the display name of the oab and look up the oab dn

jcman23 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (26.Jun.2011 12:47:58 PM)

OK so MsExchUseOAB is showing its dn or path of where its located in AD and offlineaddressbook queries the display name of this same object?

Cheers.

travis.sheldon -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (27.Jun.2011 9:33:15 AM)

You've got it ;)

jcman23 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (28.Jun.2011 8:50:20 AM)

Wonderful thank you. Got one more question for this. Based on this article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997667(EXCHG.80).aspx, the msexchuseoab is st on a server level? How does this property get set on the user?

Cheers.

travis.sheldon -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (28.Jun.2011 9:56:23 AM)

By default each user will use the "Default Offline Address Book" unless you specify otherwise.

AFAIK you can only set the OAB via EMS or ADSI

Set-Mailbox "Username" -OfflineAddressBook "domain.com OAB"

jcman23 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (28.Jun.2011 1:57:55 PM)

Ok so if I have it right. changing the oab will modify the value of MSExchuseoab? Thank you very much. Cheers.

mttreg12 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (29.Jun.2011 2:29:29 PM)

Good topic, thanks!

ukdress -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (19.Jul.2011 2:54:33 AM)

changing the oab will modify the value of MSExchuseoab? Thank you very much. Cheers.
========================================================
prom dress prom dresses

marta12 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (4.Aug.2011 5:22:32 PM)

Good topic, guys!!!

clip001 -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (6.Aug.2011 4:17:44 AM)

I have no opinion.

kellenlee -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (11.Aug.2011 1:56:12 AM)

when you set the address book, you do it by name and not DN of the OAB

kellenlee -> RE: How to View users oab properties?? (15.Aug.2011 3:15:16 AM)

when you set the address book, you do it by name and not DN of the OAB

Page: [1]