• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Error 401 when testing Active Sync

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Error 401 when testing Active Sync Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error 401 when testing Active Sync - 20.Jun.2011 9:50:39 AM   
jensskov

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 11.Feb.2008
Status: offline
Hi

I have migrated an Exchange 2003 ti Exchange 2010.
Everything works fine, but ActiveSync

When I test I get:

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request was sent.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://autodiscover.replaced.dk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user bbb@replaced.dk.
ExRCA failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.

Additional Details
A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 401 - Unauthorized response was received from Unknown.

I have tried with different users, checked inherited rights on the users, reset virtual directory and compares vdir settings with another EX2010 that is working.

I simply can't find where it goes wrong.

Can you help me locate my problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync - 21.Jun.2011 4:07:50 AM   
jensskov

 

Posts: 6
Joined: 11.Feb.2008
Status: offline
Hmm. I actually get access from my ipad now. I'll test some other phones, but it will not do autodiscovery:

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request was sent.
Test Steps
ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://autodiscover.replaced.dk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user js@replaced.dk.
ExRCA failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.
Additional Details
None of the expected XML elements were found in the XML response.

If I browse that URL and log in with js@domain.dk i just get the login prompt back. If I use domain\js I get and 600 invalid request.

(in reply to jensskov)
Post #: 2
RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync - 25.Jul.2011 7:21:58 AM   
shweta

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 25.Jul.2011
Status: offline
Hello, all
how are you?
Hope you all are doing fine..

Mine active sync was working perfectly 3-4 days back, but now it is not working. I also tried to reboot the server and restart the IIS services.

but whenever I tried to sync it gives me error .

[ Active sync encountered a problem on the server

view support code : 0x85010014]

I also test Mine exchange servers with Microsoft device emulator and with Windows Mobile 5 the error code in WM5 is [0x85010015]

I have WM6 Handset : motorola Q9
I have exchange 2003 with windows 2003 standard edition.

Support code : 0x85010004::


Now i don't know what to do....

Tnx,
Shweta
Runwal Greens, Mumbai Apartment / Flat

(in reply to jensskov)
Post #: 3
RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync - 20.Sep.2011 3:14:36 AM   
johnmerchant

 

Posts: 22
Joined: 14.Sep.2011
Status: offline
Hi,
This sounds like an issue with your authentication settings.  I experiencing a similar error, which was resolved by restarting my CAS servers (I had made several settings changes prior to the issue cropping up).  If that doesn't work, I would recommended carefully comparing the Authentication settings of your ActiveSync virtual directory both in IIS and with the Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory command to make sure the have the same authentication methods enabled and specified.  Beyond that, double-check the NTFS permissions on the physical folders behind your virtual directories.  You can also enable the “Windows authentication” on the “Exchange-server-ActiveSync” virtual directory, and check the issue again.Thanks
___________________
Internet Advertising

(in reply to shweta)
Post #: 4
RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync - 14.Nov.2011 4:05:33 AM   
gurinder1987

 

Posts: 28
Joined: 28.Sep.2011
Status: offline
quote:

ORIGINAL: johnmerchant

Hi,
This sounds like an issue with your authentication settings.  I experiencing a similar error, which was resolved by restarting my CAS servers (I had made several settings changes prior to the issue cropping up).  If that doesn't work, I would recommended carefully comparing the Authentication settings of your ActiveSync virtual directory both in IIS and with the Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory command to make sure the have the same authentication methods enabled and specified.  Beyond that, double-check the NTFS permissions on the physical folders behind your virtual directories.  You can also enable the "Windows authentication” on the "Exchange-server-ActiveSync” virtual directory, and check the issue again.Thanks
___________________
Internet Advertising
Thanks for your really informative post on this thread.  I bookmarked.

(in reply to johnmerchant)
Post #: 5
RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync - 16.Feb.2012 1:04:48 AM   
frankmartin

 

Posts: 2
Joined: 3.Feb.2012
Status: offline
i think you problem 401 error these arror i think redirect error because your system not athunticate o ther network you check our ip address

(in reply to gurinder1987)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> Error 401 when testing Active Sync Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Follow TechGenix on Twitter