Error 401 when testing Active Sync (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility



Message


jensskov -> Error 401 when testing Active Sync (20.Jun.2011 9:50:39 AM)

Hi

I have migrated an Exchange 2003 ti Exchange 2010.
Everything works fine, but ActiveSync

When I test I get:

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request was sent.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://autodiscover.replaced.dk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user bbb@replaced.dk.
ExRCA failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.

Additional Details
A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 401 - Unauthorized response was received from Unknown.

I have tried with different users, checked inherited rights on the users, reset virtual directory and compares vdir settings with another EX2010 that is working.

I simply can't find where it goes wrong.

Can you help me locate my problem?




jensskov -> RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync (21.Jun.2011 4:07:50 AM)

Hmm. I actually get access from my ipad now. I'll test some other phones, but it will not do autodiscovery:

Attempting to send an Autodiscover POST request to potential Autodiscover URLs.
Autodiscover settings weren't obtained when the Autodiscover POST request was sent.
Test Steps
ExRCA is attempting to retrieve an XML Autodiscover response from URL https://autodiscover.replaced.dk/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml for user js@replaced.dk.
ExRCA failed to obtain an Autodiscover XML response.
Additional Details
None of the expected XML elements were found in the XML response.

If I browse that URL and log in with js@domain.dk i just get the login prompt back. If I use domain\js I get and 600 invalid request.




shweta -> RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync (25.Jul.2011 7:21:58 AM)

Hello, all
how are you?
Hope you all are doing fine..

Mine active sync was working perfectly 3-4 days back, but now it is not working. I also tried to reboot the server and restart the IIS services.

but whenever I tried to sync it gives me error .

[ Active sync encountered a problem on the server

view support code : 0x85010014]

I also test Mine exchange servers with Microsoft device emulator and with Windows Mobile 5 the error code in WM5 is [0x85010015]

I have WM6 Handset : motorola Q9
I have exchange 2003 with windows 2003 standard edition.

Support code : 0x85010004::


Now i don't know what to do....

Tnx,
Shweta
Runwal Greens, Mumbai Apartment / Flat




johnmerchant -> RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync (20.Sep.2011 3:14:36 AM)

Hi,
This sounds like an issue with your authentication settings.  I experiencing a similar error, which was resolved by restarting my CAS servers (I had made several settings changes prior to the issue cropping up).  If that doesn't work, I would recommended carefully comparing the Authentication settings of your ActiveSync virtual directory both in IIS and with the Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory command to make sure the have the same authentication methods enabled and specified.  Beyond that, double-check the NTFS permissions on the physical folders behind your virtual directories.  You can also enable the “Windows authentication” on the “Exchange-server-ActiveSync” virtual directory, and check the issue again.Thanks
___________________
Internet Advertising




gurinder1987 -> RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync (14.Nov.2011 4:05:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: johnmerchant

Hi,
This sounds like an issue with your authentication settings.  I experiencing a similar error, which was resolved by restarting my CAS servers (I had made several settings changes prior to the issue cropping up).  If that doesn't work, I would recommended carefully comparing the Authentication settings of your ActiveSync virtual directory both in IIS and with the Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory command to make sure the have the same authentication methods enabled and specified.  Beyond that, double-check the NTFS permissions on the physical folders behind your virtual directories.  You can also enable the "Windows authentication” on the "Exchange-server-ActiveSync” virtual directory, and check the issue again.Thanks
___________________
Internet Advertising
Thanks for your really informative post on this thread.  I bookmarked.




frankmartin -> RE: Error 401 when testing Active Sync (16.Feb.2012 1:04:48 AM)

i think you problem 401 error these arror i think redirect error because your system not athunticate o ther network you check our ip address




Page: [1]