• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

554 rejecting banned content

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> 554 rejecting banned content Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
554 rejecting banned content - 28.Jun.2011 11:59:46 AM   
lanwanman

One particular domain is getting a rejection message when sending email to my exchange server. 

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator.

<#5.5.0 smtp;554 rejecting banned content>

The incoming email is a law firm that has a lengthy email disclosure in their signature.  They are sporadically able to send email.  We are only having problems with this domain.  I'm assuming if the domain gets rid of their email signature and send the email in plain text it should pass through.  Are there settings I can adjust on the Exchange server to allow this type of email through?  I do have a Barracuda SPAM appliance in place, but I don't think this rejection is what is banning the email.
Post #: 1
RE: 554 rejecting banned content - 11.Jan.2012 11:53:58 AM   
john321

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. ... The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 .... It could be something to do with the content, it could be that it has decided not to talk to ... permanent failure because the message contains a banned word? ...

Body Armour | Safeguard Clothing

(in reply to lanwanman)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> 554 rejecting banned content Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter