Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation

rickism21 -> Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error (29.Jun.2011 10:56:26 AM)

Hello,

we are currently trying to migrate from exchange server 2003 to exchange server 2007 SP1.

This our setup.

1. One domain abc.local
2. One DC/GC server 2008 R2
3. One DC server 2003 SP2 that runs Exchange server 2003
4. New DC server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2007 SP1

The new dc with EX07 has already been installed but we realized we never ran the switches.

Setup.com/PL
Setup.com/S
Setup.com/AD

So now we are attempting to run those switches and we get the following error:

Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error

Thank you

Gulab -> RE: Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error (29.Jun.2011 11:16:48 AM)

Is the first time you are trying to install the server? Cause as per the error, its look like u tried to install it before.

Check the Registry for the exchange keys and let us know if you see any registry key.

Setup.com /ps
Setup.com /pl
Setup.com /preparead
Setup.com /pd

I forgot to tell you that Exchange 2007 SP1 is not supported on 2008 R2. Install Exchange 2007 SP3.
I would suggest to install Exchange 2010 SP1 rather then going for Exchange 2007.

rickism21 -> RE: Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error (29.Jun.2011 11:31:47 AM)

Hello gulab,

Yes this is the first time we are trying to install EX2007. As I stated it is already installed and we are trying to run the switches after the fact.

I see exchange listed in the registry. Is there anywhere particular i should look?

Thank you

Gulab -> RE: Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error (29.Jun.2011 12:36:34 PM)

Oh, so its already installed!
I thought you are trying to install it. What command you are running when it's failing? And why are you running the command, is there any issue?

rickism21 -> RE: Setup Exchange Server setup encountered an error (20.Jul.2011 11:30:06 AM)

The main issue is installing the Hub Transport.

Exchange Server component Hub Transport Role failed.
Error: Error:
Active Directory operation failed on xchng.domain.local. The object 'CN=Default XCHNG,CN=SMTP Receive Connectors,CN=Protocols,CN=XCHNG,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local' already exists.

The object exists.

Page: [1]