• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Removing old/unused Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Removing old/unused Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Removing old/unused Public Folders - 11.Jul.2011 4:58:58 PM   
Ikarian

Hi all-
I have recently started a job working in a Exch2003 environment. I have been working in 07/10 for a while now, and I'm almost having to re-learn how everything works in 2003.

Anyway, my boss asked me to remove some old/unused and/or corrupted public folders, most of which are on our secondary exch server (utilized by field personnel).

So, when I log in to either exchange server and drill down to the public folders under Public Folder Store, I locate the folder I want to remove, and I have no options to remove or delete it. Right-click only offers Properties (or help).

I've seen some other threads that talk about explicity giving yourself permissions, and then deleting them through Outlook, which seems backwards. Additionally, some of the folders are corrupt, so I can't access them at all from Outlook, permissions or no. There has to be a way to do this server-side. Can anyone take pity on a quasi-newb? Thanks so much.
Post #: 1
RE: Removing old/unused Public Folders - 12.Jul.2011 2:01:28 AM   
Gulab

Hi,

First you would need to check the permissions you have on the account you are using to logIn to the server.
If some permission issue missing than either use the Default Administrator account or delegate the permissions.
Second, to remove the corruption from the Public Folders you need to run ISINTEG on the database.

Post the update.

Cheers,

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to Ikarian)
Post #: 2
RE: Removing old/unused Public Folders - 12.Jul.2011 12:28:29 PM   
Ikarian

I am logging in to the server as the default administrator. I verified the account has full permissions. I simply have no option to delte/remove these folders from within ESM.

(in reply to Gulab)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Removing old/unused Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter