• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421.4.4.2 Connection dropped.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421.4.4.2 Connection dropped. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: &qu... - 2.Aug.2011 2:16:33 PM   
sharadctripathi

Hi,
  I have Exchange Server 2007 with Windows Server 2008 but I face Issue when i sending mail on few domins get error " 451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421.4.4.2 Connection dropped." Attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not scucced. Either there are no alternative hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts." Mails are normaly delivered on other domains but i also face this issue continuasly some domains. I request to you please help me on this issue.

Thanks
Sharad
Post #: 1
RE: 451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with:... - 4.Aug.2011 4:57:56 AM   
adrian.pettitt

I would suggest this is likely one of two issues if you can send fine to some servers and not to others.
1. Your DNS MX records do not include the IP address of the sending server so when the recipient server does a lookup it does not find your server and rejects the email. If their mail servers are set to do a lookup first before accepting mail and you fail the lookup then they can be set to just drop you connection
2. You have been blacklisted or not whitelisted and therefore rejected. If you are on a blacklist that the receipient email systems uses then they may be configured to reject your email. The recipient mail system may use a whitelist, if you are not on the whitelist then the email is rejected.

You could try using ftp to the SMTP ports on the remote server and see at what point your connection is dropped which might help.

Adrian

(in reply to sharadctripathi)
Post #: 2
RE: 451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with:... - 17.Aug.2011 2:14:31 AM   
sharadctripathi

Hi,
I checked at my end & this is firewall issue. now its resolved.

Thanks
Sharad

(in reply to adrian.pettitt)
Post #: 3
RE: 451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with:... - 19.Aug.2011 3:51:25 PM   
ysteve1

So what was your fix on the firewall? I am having the same issues with a few domains, and my DNS appears correct, to include the rDNS

thanks

(in reply to sharadctripathi)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> 451.4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "421.4.4.2 Connection dropped. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter