• Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## Page: [1]
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## - 17.Aug.2011 5:15:27 PM   


Posts: 12
Joined: 14.Sep.2010
Status: offline
I have a user that quit the company.  They just came back.  Their mailbox had been deleted but their AD account was just disabled and not removed.  One of my techs re enabled the account and created a new mailbox.  When someone in the company tries to send to him they get this NDR.

Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: NCSBCS2.mydomain.org
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
Original message headers:
Received: from THORIM.mydomain.org ([]) by NCSBCS2.mydomain.org
 ([]) with mapi; Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:18:28 -0400
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
From: Shannon Rubin <srubin@mydomain.org>
To: 'William Whiddon'
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:18:30 -0400
Subject: test
Thread-Topic: test
Thread-Index: AcxdGtSoGj32GBlrSL2gE1YA7ZcBFw==
Message-ID: <A542E01B80F1E24EBF2ACF39C92819E140E6C49542@THORIM.mydomain.org>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <A542E01B80F1E24EBF2ACF39C92819E140E6C49542@THORIM.mydomain.org>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-KSE-Antivirus-Interceptor-Info: scan successful
X-KSE-Antivirus-Info: Clean

You can see that in the NDR Exchange is trying to resolve this user to bwhiddon but his SMTP alias is Wwhiddon.

I don't know where this information is being pulled/kept in Exchange.  I tried adding bwhiddon as a secondary smtp alias then restarted my outlook (which is not in cached mode) then sending again and i still get this NDR.

I checked in AD, I did an ldif and dumped the AD to a file and I found the users section.  You can see bwhiddon in there but i'm positive that's the secondary smtp alias I setup.

CN=Microsoft MTA,CN=THORIM,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBO
HF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Servi
proxyAddresses: smtp:BWhiddon@mydomain.org
proxyAddresses: SMTP:WWhiddon@mydomain.org
CN=Mailbox Store Beta,CN=Second Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=THORIM,CN
=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative
Groups,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,
mDBUseDefaults: TRUE
mailNickname: WWhiddon
name: William Whiddon
objectGUID:: OGm4Mgpa9kSSY7YFjTp9iQ==
userAccountControl: 512
badPwdCount: 0
codePage: 0
countryCode: 840
badPasswordTime: 129580590923651398
lastLogoff: 0
lastLogon: 129580838922497124
pwdLastSet: 129578975206842090
primaryGroupID: 513
accountExpires: 9223372036854775807
logonCount: 328
sAMAccountName: WWhiddon
sAMAccountType: 805306368
CN=All Users,CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Mi
crosoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=org
CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Co
ntainer,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain
/o=EXCHANGE/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/c
userPrincipalName: WWhiddon@mydomain.org
ipPhone: 108
objectCategory: CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=org
dSCorePropagationData: 16010101000000.0Z
lastLogonTimestamp: 129578899139195157
mail: WWhiddon@mydomain.org
manager: CN=,OU=Corporate,OU=IBTS Staff,DC=mydomain,DC=org
/o=EXCHANGE/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuratio
msExchUserAccountControl: 0
msExchMailboxGuid:: Wx6k+oTZYEqLYa5KhJP/VA==
msExchMobileMailboxFlags: 1
msExchUserCulture: en-US
msExchRecipientTypeDetails: 1
msExchVersion: 4535486012416
msExchRecipientDisplayType: 1073741824

So I can't understand what's producing the NDR nor how to fix it.  Any help is greatly appreciated..

< Message edited by Statistic -- 17.Aug.2011 5:17:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## - 18.Aug.2011 10:47:56 AM   


Posts: 12
Joined: 14.Sep.2010
Status: offline
This turned out to be an Outlook caching issue.


(in reply to Statistic)
Post #: 2
RE: #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## - 19.Aug.2011 7:25:06 AM   


Posts: 172
Joined: 16.Mar.2009
From: Chennai, India
Status: offline
How are you sending this email, typing the complete email address or just picking it from the cache info....

If its from the cache, type the complete email address.


With regards,
MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging

(in reply to Statistic)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ## Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter