• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cant Assign DAG an IP Address

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Cant Assign DAG an IP Address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cant Assign DAG an IP Address - 31.Aug.2011 3:30:36 PM   
bbjewrican

While trying to backup our Exchange 2010 environment to prepare for its launch we found that the DAG did not have an ip address. It has databases on it and they work perfectly but when looking at its ip's there are none.

When i go into the shell or the emc and try i get an error that states "the group is unable to accept the request since it is moving to another node".

The only maintenance we did was last night i shut down one of our two mbx servers, then after it came up i restarted the other to install the exchange remote agent for backup exec.

If i look at the cluster the ip was not set, but if i do set it as a static ip and click ok it takes a while and gives the same error.

Any ideas what is wrong?

On my four databases, the active and passive copies are either active or healthy. I have errors on the cluster that say Cluster resouce cluster ip address in clustered service or application clusteer group failed.

The subnet that the DAG is in does not have dhcp on it, but is routable between servers and the rest of the company.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Cant Assign DAG an IP Address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter