Do I need antivirus software for Exchange ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Secure Messaging

Gotink -> Do I need antivirus software for Exchange ? (2.Sep.2011 5:02:07 AM)

Lately the discussion in our company is about the need to scan for virusses in email.
It was started because of the costs of the product and the hours of maintaining the product and servers (CPU)
The last year we didn't find any virusses in mail, only attachments the were (to  much) zipped or password protected

SPAM and virusses are well controlled by our internet portal and antivirus software on our (virtual) workstations.

Who has faced this discussion or want to make a statement?

mark@mvps.org -> RE: Do I need antivirus software for Exchange ? (2.Sep.2011 8:12:39 AM)

You don't need a/v on your mailbox servers.
I see lots of customers employ an Internet service and all mail is directed to that service and then into the Exchange servers in a known, clean state.
If you don't have that then I would deploy a/v and anti spam on a perimeter system in front of the mailbox servers. The agent on the client side is your last line of defence.

Have at least two lines of defence.

pete234 -> RE: Do I need antivirus software for Exchange ? (8.Sep.2011 6:04:39 PM)

It is important to use an appropriate server antivirus product to protect Small Business Server from viruses.
gold value calculator

Page: [1]