• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Galsync and Free/busy calendar replication

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Galsync and Free/busy calendar replication Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Galsync and Free/busy calendar replication - 6.Sep.2011 3:48:16 PM   
zmorais

We currently are running exchange 2003 in a windows 2000 native Forest and domain functional levels. Our users have outlook 2002.
We have an external trust with another Company that runs exchange 2007. We need to replicate our galsync and free/busy calendar between both companies. What is the best solution? Do I need to raise my Forest and Domain Functional level first to 2003? How about outlook? Will I have an issue using outlook 2002? Thanks

< Message edited by zmorais -- 6.Sep.2011 3:55:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Galsync and Free/busy calendar replication - 6.Sep.2011 8:37:09 PM   
John Weber

You have several third-party choices; or you can opt for IORepl or the InterOrg Replication Tool - a freebie from Microsoft. It will take some significant work to accomplish what you want with IORepl. Namely creating contacts on each side to allow the sync. You will most likely also want a VPN link.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to zmorais)
Post #: 2
RE: Galsync and Free/busy calendar replication - 7.Sep.2011 6:44:40 AM   
zmorais

How about the domain and forest being at 2000 Native level still? Would that need to be raised first since we are dealing with exchange 2007 and 2008 forest at the other end? How about outlook being still at 2002? Does that need to be upgraded first? Thanks

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Galsync and Free/busy calendar replication Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter