• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

PF Replication issue to another 2003 server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> PF Replication issue to another 2003 server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PF Replication issue to another 2003 server - 27.Sep.2011 5:01:20 PM   
dpurnell

We introduced a new Exchange 2003 SP2 server to our existing farm (original server is also 2003 SP2). We're trying to get the PF replicated to the new server after we were successfully able to move all the mailboxes.

I started with Neil Hobson's excellent article "Public Folder Replication - Troubleshooting Basics" and went through his suggestions. With addition logging turned on I'm able to see the problem when content replication or hierarchy replication starts. The very last line in the message tracking says "message transferred to exchange.mydomain.com through SMTP.

The issue is the original server is called Exchange, but I would expect the message to read the new exchange server, NCExch2.mydomain.com. In Neil's article, figure 6 shows that I should see the message being handed off to the destination server not the source server.

What would cause the content or hierarchy replication messages to be delivered to itself instead of the destination server? I verified the mail address under ADSIEdit also exists with in the ProxyAddress listing for both servers. I'm not receiving any 7040 errors (authentication) after the 3018/3020 events are logged.

On the destination server, there are no events logged to show that it ever received the replication email messages.

Doug Purnell
Post #: 1
RE: PF Replication issue to another 2003 server - 28.Sep.2011 2:30:38 AM   
Gulab

First thing you need to understand is that PF Replication works on Mail Flow. If the mail flow is not working between both the server than PF Replication won't work.

Now, remove any replica of the server you have on the folder from the source server except the self replica.
Create the Test Folder on the Source server and add the replica of Target server and check the issue.

Increase the Diagnostics logging on the PF Replication.

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to dpurnell)
Post #: 2
RE: PF Replication issue to another 2003 server - 29.Sep.2011 3:20:56 PM   
dpurnell

Thank you Gulab for your post. The key phrase was "PF Replication works on Mail Flow". That got me thinking about verifying some basic setup settings within ESM. When I dived into the Default SMTP Virtual Server and looked under the delivery FQDN, I noticed the destination server actually had the source server's FQDN. Once I changed it to NCExch2.mydomain.com (AD FQDN) and restarted the SMTP virtual server, all replication started worked flawlessly. Thanks for getting me back on track by verifying the basic mail flow settings.

Thanks again...

< Message edited by dpurnell -- 29.Sep.2011 3:22:42 PM >

Doug Purnell

(in reply to dpurnell)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> PF Replication issue to another 2003 server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter