Problems with setting up outlook anywhere with CAS Array and TMG (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility

jdflory -> Problems with setting up outlook anywhere with CAS Array and TMG (6.Oct.2011 1:06:51 PM)

Hello everyone

I am trying unsuccessfully to setup outlook anywhere in our new ex 2010 environment. I have set this up in 2007 and 2003 without any issues but cannot get this work in 2010.

Our enviroment:

2 CAS servers in an array using WNLB. Virtual name is mail.domain.com internally and externally.

CAS array is being published via TMG which sits on the external network. TMG is 2 leg setup and is used for inbound and outbound traffic. Currenly we are publishing active sync and OWA using host record above (mail.domain.com). Using 3rd party wildcard cert.

2 Mailbox servers in DAG.

Preferably i would like to use the same listener and IP address on the TMG.

I have installed RPC proxy feature, enabled outlook anywhere using basic auth and tried NTLM as well.

On TMG i have tried using basic auth and NTLM. With and without FBA. Currenly OWA and Active sync are using FBA.

Does this have somethign to do with network load balancing.

Thanks

de.blackman -> RE: Problems with setting up outlook anywhere with CAS Array and TMG (6.Oct.2011 1:54:24 PM)

No it has nothing to do with NLB - when you create the rule on TMG, make sure it points to the virtual CAS Array name not the individual server name(s). Also make sure that you have enabled Outlook AnyWhere with Basic authenticaiton only.

jdflory -> RE: Problems with setting up outlook anywhere with CAS Array and TMG (6.Oct.2011 7:47:30 PM)

Thanks for your response.

Our setup is pointing to the array just like OWA and active sync. Outlook anywhere is setup using basic authentication.

Using exra we pass all tests except for:

Attempting to ping RPC endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server mail.interiorarchitects.com.
The attempt to ping the endpoint failed.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
Additional Details
The RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime process.

The listener is on TMG is configured to use FBA and i have tried basic auth on the rule as well as letting client auth directly.

thansk

Page: [1]