• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Room Reservation Emails Delayed?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Room Reservation Emails Delayed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Room Reservation Emails Delayed? - 20.Oct.2011 10:03:19 AM   
mikepem

Good morning all! Having a bit of a time with this one and hoping someone may have an insight or two...

This issue started about a week ago it seems, and is happening enterprise-wide. When a user attempts to reserve a room resource, the request is sent and no response is received. A response is received several days later with a message of "The invitation was declined because it occurred in the past."

For example...

I created a room request this past Monday for a meeting that was being held on Tuesday. Today (Thursday) I receive a room reservation declined email for that meeting I had on Tuesday, that I scheduled on Monday. The requests seem to be delayed, but I have no idea where to begin to look into that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Room Reservation Emails Delayed? - 20.Oct.2011 10:08:24 AM   
de.blackman

Are the meeting requests actually being delivered to the room mailbox (track the message)? Does the room have a delegate assigned to it? Is this happening to all rooms on Exchange? Try to create a brand new room and do not make any changes to the properties. Test and see if the issue occurs with new mailboxes too? What about other resource mailboxes (if applicable)?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to mikepem)
Post #: 2
RE: Room Reservation Emails Delayed? - 20.Oct.2011 10:18:06 AM   
mikepem

Yes, they are actually being delivered. There are no delegates assigned to this room mailbox. It was happening to all room mailboxes.

On Monday, I tried to reserve a room for Tuesday and was notified on Thursday that it was declined.
On Tuesday, I had users reporting other room reservations not showing up.

I just tried to reserve several rooms and other resources, and they all went through just fine, acceptance emails received immediately....

I'm wondering if something wasn't just temporarily preventing processing of the invite requests or something, is that a feature of Exchange? Is it possible for just room/resource invitations to get bogged down somehow?

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: Room Reservation Emails Delayed? - 20.Oct.2011 11:02:35 AM   
de.blackman

No I have never heard of anything like this before and don't see it as a "feature" of exchange. It is possible that there might be some type of logical corruption in the database. Are the resource mailboxes in the same database? How large is the database? You may want to take it offline during maintenance window and run an integrity check on it (ISINTEG).

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to mikepem)
Post #: 4
RE: Room Reservation Emails Delayed? - 20.Oct.2011 12:20:33 PM   
guyforkes

I have seen this happen before, and restarting the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Assistants service fixed it.

(in reply to mikepem)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Room Reservation Emails Delayed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter