• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Can't load from outside our network

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Can't load from outside our network Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't load from outside our network - 26.Oct.2011 4:20:37 PM   
Brady

I just did a fresh install of 2008r2 standard and exchange 2011 on new hardware and did a migration from sbs 2003 exchange 2003.I am actually starting to move mailboxes from 2003 to 2011. I only moved my box over to 2011 to test things.
(I have all ssl request turned off. I didn`t have ssl on 2003 and I don't want to mess with that until I get the mail working then I will go back and get all that set up.)

Now when I go to mail2.mydomain.com it asks me for my login (just like when my my box was on 2003). after login info is entered I get forwarded to server2008name.domain.local/exchange/ and I get a page load error. if I am on the work network it loads fine. just not outside of our network.
First, why is it not loading? I figure I did something wrong or do not have something turned on.
Second,  how do I change the server2008name.domain.local/exchange to show up as something else so people don't see my server name and domain name and so its not a mile long.

This is my first server build and I am new to all this stuff so I don't have a grip on all the lingo and abbreviations as of yet.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't load from outside our network - 28.Oct.2011 3:31:36 PM   
jveldh

Brady,

It looks like some external url's are not configured. Can you please open the Exchange Management Shell and run the following cmdlet:

get-owavirtualdirectory |fl

And post the output here.

Regards,
Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't load from outside our network - 2.Nov.2011 12:54:06 AM   
shanmarsh1

if i fire up the view client from outside our network i can connect with PCOIP ... to the dmz with load balancing in the near future) so the security server.
Body Armour | Safeguard Clothing

(in reply to Brady)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Can't load from outside our network Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter