HELP - incoming email has died. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS

Beavers -> HELP - incoming email has died. (27.Oct.2011 12:08:55 PM)

Hi there,

sbs 2k3 exchange sbs issue.

Earlier on today we hit our 16GB limit and exchange died.

Took me forever, but I eventually found the registry hack that allows me to up the limit, but then ever since, we didn't have any outgoing or incoming mail... so...

i ran a trace on some of the mails i sent and realised they'd not got any further than routing and queing. So i gave the server a reboot and suddenly my hotmail account started to receive the many test emails i'd sent today, trouble is, now im not getting any incoming mail!! (internet user - user mails still fine).

The only potential problem i can find is under the SMTP protocol... (i know NOTHING about exchange by the way, so this could be meant to be this way but...) we have two smtp virtual servers, one called 'Default SMTP virtual server' which looks fine and another call SMTP Submission which has a red X on it!

Also, when I look in queues, everything seems ok except for, you guessed it, SMTP submission which says it's not available and has additional info of : Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code=0x80070490). Check the event log and verify that the services are running.

They look like they are running fine. and the only thing i can find that relates in the slightest to mail delivery is a System Event 'DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <blah.blah.blah.my.hotmail.test.account.com> using any of the configured protocols'

please help x

Beavers -> RE: HELP - incoming email has died. (27.Oct.2011 12:10:28 PM)

internal email appears to be shot again now as does external

joys :(

alanhardisty -> RE: HELP - incoming email has died. (27.Oct.2011 12:24:27 PM)

If you have changed the size limit of the Exchange Store - did you re-mount the store afterwards?

Once it hits the limit - the store will dismount, so you will need to re-mount it.

Beavers -> RE: HELP - incoming email has died. (27.Oct.2011 12:24:55 PM)

I also have lots of these errors.

Event ID 1023 : Error 0x8004050a occured while rendering message 0001-0000019259d1 for download for user User@ourdomain.com

and also

Event ID 3007 Exchange mailbox server response timeout: Server:
<ourbox>.<ourdomain>.local. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server ina timely manner. verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly and not overloaded.

Beavers -> RE: HELP - incoming email has died. (27.Oct.2011 12:27:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: alanhardisty

If you have changed the size limit of the Exchange Store - did you re-mount the store afterwards?

Once it hits the limit - the store will dismount, so you will need to re-mount it.

well... i tried to restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service (as suggested by the same webpage that told me what registry entry to change) but it failed... so i rebooted the server.

should I dismount and then mount again?

Beavers -> RE: HELP - incoming email has died. (27.Oct.2011 3:13:27 PM)

mount/demout haven't resolved the issue.

in fact the demount just sat there at 66% and i crapped myself before a reboot :P

it's back up, but the song remains the same; it works fine for a few moments, delivers stuff, then grinds to a halt

Page: [1]