• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010)

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) - 31.Oct.2011 12:11:43 AM   
flapjack

I finally got around to updating Exchange 2010 RTM to SP1, as well as installing rollup 6.  Everything is back up and running, but OWA takes a good 10-15 seconds to show the login screen (forms-based authentication).

I notice the same thing with android clients using https to sync.  It'll say "initializing connection" for 10-15 seconds, then sync without issue.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) - 1.Nov.2011 10:28:58 PM   
flapjack

Anyone? I've been unable to find anything on this particular issue.

(in reply to flapjack)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) - 1.Nov.2011 11:00:45 PM   
Tanya

Hi,

Did you try restart your IIS?
Run this command iisreset /noforce.

Additionally I recommend check your hardware.

MSDN | Blog | PlexHosted LLC

(in reply to flapjack)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) - 1.Nov.2011 11:05:39 PM   
flapjack

Yeah, I've done all that.

I just found an article that says OWA is slow the first login... sounds kinda like SharePoint, actually.  Sure enough, I tried it a second time and it worked like normal.

I guess that leaves me with two questions:

1) Is there an interval you can set to extend the time it unloads the app pools?  I notice every time my phone syncs, it takes a while.  If I could extend that interval out, normal logins from users may make this a non-issue

2) is there any sort of "warm-up" script for OWA like there is for SharePoint?

(in reply to Tanya)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) - 2.Apr.2012 8:49:05 AM   
amcvicar

Hi,
Did you ever figure out an answer to any of your questions. I'm having the same issue in EX2007 and I'm looking for an answer.

Thanks

Alastair

(in reply to flapjack)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) - 2.Apr.2012 5:07:19 PM   
flapjack

quote:

ORIGINAL: amcvicar

Hi,
Did you ever figure out an answer to any of your questions. I'm having the same issue in EX2007 and I'm looking for an answer.

Thanks

Alastair

I never did figure it out, but it seems to have resolved on its own. How often does that happen?

(in reply to amcvicar)
Post #: 6

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA slow to load after SP1 and rollup 6 (Exch2010) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter