• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Mailbox size question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Mailbox size question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mailbox size question - 1.Nov.2011 7:33:29 AM   
ongong

Hi,

I am new to Exchange box.
I have the below question, it would be highly appreciated if someone can help

what is the max. size of a user mailbox in Exchange 2010.
(eg: 20GB per user...etc)

And I know that if user use Outlook to connect to Exchange 2010, there would be a .ost/.pst file created in user computer, which is a mailbox copy for off-line access, however, as I know, in Outlook 2003, the .ost/.pst file have a limitation of 20GB. So if the user mailbox in the server exceed 20G, say 30G, then will it caused "Oversize" error in their Outlook 2003.

Thanks in advance

< Message edited by ongong -- 1.Nov.2011 7:37:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mailbox size question - 1.Nov.2011 12:20:21 PM   
Danofre

An Exchange 2010 MBX DB size can be 2 TB.
The max limit for quotas on any one given MBX can be: 2,147,483,647 KB. Therefore the largest mailbox size can be 2 TB.
The client side cache or OST file depends on the client side version. With 2003 you will see issue above 2 GB.
Outlook 2010 will allow for any folder having 100,000 items and a PST/OST that is preconfigured for 50 GB. You can adjust this up or down in the registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982577

(in reply to ongong)
Post #: 2
RE: Mailbox size question - 2.Nov.2011 5:49:41 AM   
kathiny

Who is your email provider? Windows Live Mail is an email program that connects to your providers mail servers. You'll need to contact that company to see if it's possible and how much it is to get more storage space for your email on their server.

See this article gave me great feeling, it is worth to see.
iPhone problems solved: 6 ideas to accelerate your iOS device

(in reply to Danofre)
Post #: 3
RE: Mailbox size question - 2.Nov.2011 11:40:17 AM   
ongong

Hi,

Thanks all for the replies

However, is the cache mode in Outlook 2003 will cache the email header only or the full email content ?
If cache is for header only, then I think 2Gb is enough, however, if the cache is on the whole email content, how if the user mailbox grow exceed the pst/ost file size limit ? will this cause file corrupt ? Will Outlook able to divide the pst/ost into 2 or mroe pst/ost files automatically ?

Many thanks in advance

(in reply to Danofre)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Mailbox size question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter