• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Messages stuck in Outbox!!!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Messages stuck in Outbox!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 25.Nov.2011 1:47:08 AM   
coltzer

Ok I know this is a common issue because I've read every forum post on this, but none of them are the same as our circumstances.
We're running Exchange 2007 version: 08.03.0159.002, and all client pc's are running Outlook 2007. In normal circumstances (user logs into their account and send email as themselves, or as a public box) everything works as normal; the email goes to outbox, then is sent and placed in sent items. However when I log into a computer as my admin account (or any other account that isn't the user) and add the mailbox so that I can see all their emails, the outbox seems to contain about 3/4 of emails they've sent, although it varies user to user, and the sent items is about a day behind (it displays emails sent the day before but none today).
I logged into a different computer as the user, and the outbox is empty and the sent items has everything it should have in it, then I log into admin on this second computer, and same effect.
I did read in one forum post someone mentioning a specific Outlook hotfix, would this specifically fix this problem?
Please let me know if more clarification is needed, as its a little tricky to accurately describe these circumstances, and please give me some ideas to try :)
Regards, Nathan
Post #: 1
RE: Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 25.Nov.2011 5:34:12 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Any 3rd party apps? I had this exact issue this week and it was due to a faulty encryption plug-in (PGP).

(in reply to coltzer)
Post #: 2
RE: Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 27.Nov.2011 7:49:36 PM   
coltzer

I have tried running outlook in safe mode by removing the box first, then running with /safe and re-adding the mailbox, but still same situation for the outbox. We only really use Lookout add-in, however there are a couple running that we dont use actively. They are:
- Lookout
- Windows Search Email Indexer
- iTunes Outlook Addin (Inactive)
- TMAS (Trend Micro) (Inactive)
The rest just appear to be standard MS office/outlook plugins. Are any of those known to cause issues of any sort?
Regards, Nathan

(in reply to Jesper Bernle)
Post #: 3
RE: Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 28.Nov.2011 6:54:02 PM   
coltzer

BUMP, anyone have any idea what could cause this issue. It might have something to do with the way exchange displays mailboxes to the outlook client?

(in reply to coltzer)
Post #: 4
RE: Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 29.Nov.2011 3:34:56 AM   
Jesper Bernle

Just to make sure; is your Outlook patched and up to date?

(in reply to coltzer)
Post #: 5
RE: Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 29.Nov.2011 6:13:47 PM   
coltzer

I believe so since we have automatic updates on. Just to confirm though, we have 'Outlook 2007 (12.0.6550.5003) SP2 MSO (12.0.6545.5004)'. I also chased up that hotfix I mentioned in the first post for the hell of trying it (see kb948716), but when I go to install the hotfix, it tells me the correct version of outlook could not be found.

Post #: 6
RE: Messages stuck in Outbox!!! - 29.Nov.2011 7:43:02 PM   
coltzer

Just as a final measure off your first post about a faulty plugin, I went into the add-ins management and one by one disabled every add-in and tested, to no avail. I also completely removed all the 3rd party ones (lookout, TMAS, Windows Live Search) but still no help. Combined with trying this in safe mode, seems unlikely that its an add-in.

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Messages stuck in Outbox!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter