• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Where is witness.log

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Where is witness.log Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is witness.log - 25.Nov.2011 11:01:40 AM   
Rumana

Hi,

We implemented a DAG solution with two servers across a WAN. We obviously need a Witness Server and a Witness Directory so we created that step during the DAG instalation. Also we put the Exchange Trust Subssysem in the Local Administrators group in the Witness Server

We noticed that when the WAN is out, the server in pur main Data Center unmounts its databases. We investigated and we believed is that the Server is losing Quorum. The Witness Servier is located in the main Data Center also and the server can reach it.

We investigated further and undersood that a Witness.log file is needed, however we checked in the Witness Directory and it's totally empty so we believed that is the problem.

How can we check if that is what happening?

TIA
Post #: 1
RE: Where is witness.log - 25.Nov.2011 1:24:23 PM   
ermanishchawla

Go to Witness Directory and Assign Write Access to Exchange Trusted Subsystem to the folder if it already not there?

What is your witness server, HT, CAS or DC ??

Check event logs for relevant errors and paste here

(in reply to Rumana)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is witness.log - 26.Nov.2011 7:31:47 AM   
Jesper Bernle

You have a good troubleshooting guide here: Exchange 2010 – File Share Witness oddities…

(in reply to Rumana)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Where is witness.log Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter