• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

given up on migrating from 5.5 and need a few pointers.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> given up on migrating from 5.5 and need a few pointers. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
given up on migrating from 5.5 and need a few pointers. - 2.Dec.2011 8:23:39 AM   
jjj0923

I ran into what appears to be an insurmountable obstacle in terms of migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and perhaps I can get some help here.

The Directory Name (as displayed in the properties) of my existing Exchange 5.5 Server (which I did not install) has a comma and a period in the name. And from everything I have read cannot be changed. (it contains invalid characters)

I have read elsewhere that this sometimes is not an obstacle to performing a migration from 5.5 to 2003 but it appears to have reared it's ugly head in my case when I'm performing the Connection Agreement Wizard as part of the migration process.

I run the ADC Tools and make it rhough Steps 2 and 3 OK but when I run Step 4 which is the Connection Agreement Wizard I get the following error:

"Error: The organization o=Minddrivers is already installed into this forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of Minddrivers.com, Corp.. Please choose a 5.5 server in the Correct Org."

any ideas on what can do done to overcome this error. If nothing can be done my alternative is to proceed with a plain vanilla Exchange 2003 installation and manually migrate all of my mailboxes over to 2003 - if this is the path I wind up taking what is the best method to export mailboxes from 5.5 and import them into 2003?

thanks in advance.

< Message edited by jjj0923 -- 2.Dec.2011 8:32:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: given up on migrating from 5.5 and need a few point... - 2.Dec.2011 8:28:37 AM   
Gulab

Check this Out...might help!
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrmigration/thread/41ce4d1b-4087-482b-ab9a-14544922a7ae/

Gulab Prasad,
Technology Consultant
Exchange Ranger
Check out CodeTwo’s tools for Exchange admins

(in reply to jjj0923)
Post #: 2
RE: given up on migrating from 5.5 and need a few point... - 3.Dec.2011 8:18:17 AM   
jjj0923

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gulab

Check this Out...might help!
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrmigration/thread/41ce4d1b-4087-482b-ab9a-14544922a7ae/

thanks for the link to that message, however it really did not answer my question. Can you take a look at what I posted over there and offer some insight as to what steps to take next if possible - thank you

(in reply to Gulab)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> given up on migrating from 5.5 and need a few pointers. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter