• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Login Timeout Error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Login Timeout Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Login Timeout Error - 7.Dec.2011 12:08:41 PM   
toadbrother

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times here, and I've even read some of the posts along with the MS KB article on how to fix it, but nothing seems to be working.

What happened was that we installed a new Exchange 2007 member server and moved all the mailboxes from the old one (which also happened to be a domain controller) to the new server, and then decommissioned the old Exchange 2007/DC. A few weeks later we noticed that OWA was just saying "440 Login Timeout". Going through the instructions, resetting IUSR and IWAM passwords and such, what I have found is that sometimes, for a single login, it will actually work, but then will then start complaining about invalid security settings, which I assume relate to the directory security settings, even though I'm using the Powershell scriptlets that the KB article and other sites indicate what is needed to recreate the OWA web structure.

I'm at my wits end here. I just keep doing the same thing over and over again, and with the same result.
Post #: 1
RE: Login Timeout Error - 22.Dec.2011 1:06:26 PM   
toadbrother

quote:

ORIGINAL: toadbrother

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times here, and I've even read some of the posts along with the MS KB article on how to fix it, but nothing seems to be working.

What happened was that we installed a new Exchange 2007 member server and moved all the mailboxes from the old one (which also happened to be a domain controller) to the new server, and then decommissioned the old Exchange 2007/DC. A few weeks later we noticed that OWA was just saying "440 Login Timeout". Going through the instructions, resetting IUSR and IWAM passwords and such, what I have found is that sometimes, for a single login, it will actually work, but then will then start complaining about invalid security settings, which I assume relate to the directory security settings, even though I'm using the Powershell scriptlets that the KB article and other sites indicate what is needed to recreate the OWA web structure.

I'm at my wits end here. I just keep doing the same thing over and over again, and with the same result.

Just bumping this. It seems to be an obscenely common problem with Exchange 2007, but we are really in quite a bind over it, and I want to avoid going through the reinstall process if at all possible. Is there any solution?

(in reply to toadbrother)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Login Timeout Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter