• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Contacts problem in Exchange 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 - 14.Dec.2011 6:11:35 AM   
zeebaluch

I have installed MS Exchange 2010 in my environment, made email account and working perfectly fine. The thing is i have configured my client outlook 2007 to send and receive email from other employees but the problem is how can they have our users contacts list in their outlook contact? Do they have to make new contact of other employees?? Which is impossible because so many users are there.. Is there any way so that my clients can download the contact list from the exchange server or any other way....? Plz do help me on this issue.....! Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 - 14.Dec.2011 8:01:27 AM   
mark@mvps.org

I'm having a little trouble fully understanding your question.
When you click the address book, or when you create a new email and click the TO button, what do you see?
You are supposed to see a couple of indented lists. One of them will be the global address list. Is that populated by names?

Of course, if I have completely misunderstoon your entire question, let me know.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to zeebaluch)
Post #: 2
RE: Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 - 14.Dec.2011 9:23:30 AM   
zeebaluch

Hey Mark, You have absolutely understood me right! When I click on "To" button on new email then it shows the address book but Mark What i want, How can I copy that global address book's contacts to my main "Contacts" Tab? I want this global address book to my main "Contact"Tab! Is there any way to do that? Thanks for your immediate response I really appreciated it.

< Message edited by zeebaluch -- 14.Dec.2011 9:24:34 AM >

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 - 14.Dec.2011 9:26:05 AM   
zeebaluch

Hey Mark, You have absolutely understood me right! When I click on "To" button on new email then it shows the address book but Mark What i want, How can I copy that global address book's contacts to my main "Contacts" Tab? I want this global address book to my main "Contact"Tab! Is there any way to do that? Thanks for your immediate response I really appreciated it.

(in reply to zeebaluch)
Post #: 4
RE: Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 - 14.Dec.2011 9:34:26 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Ok, the question here then is why?
If you have the Outlook client and are in cached mode those contacts will travel with the user and their laptop and be available whilst the user is offline.

If you do decide to save a GAL item to the personal Outlook contacts folder and then that person leaves or changes their GAL information (job title, department, email address, maiden name etc. etc) your Outlook contact item will not be updated.

Most smartphones these days will read the GAL so if you're in the airport and are just emailing someone fresh you should be able to enter a few characters from a name and then the phone will do a lookup.

So yeah, it's not a good solution to add stuff from the GAL into personal Outlook contacts.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to zeebaluch)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Contacts problem in Exchange 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter