• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 High Availability and Site ResilencyHi, We are currently running a front and back end

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Exchange 2010 High Availability and Site ResilencyHi, We are currently running a front and back end Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 High Availability and Site ResilencyHi, ... - 1.Jan.2012 5:12:56 PM   
abhi1024

Hi,
We are currently running a front and back end Exchange 2003 SP2. The front end is set up in the DMZ and the set up is as follows
(a) Main Office and Data Center connected through a fiber connection. The Data Center is Internet facing and all Internet traffic goes out through the Data Center.
(b) Main Office and DR Site are running two domain controllers and each has Active Directory site set up.They are part of the same domain.

(c) MAPI (Outlook users are located in the main office). They are remote users that either work from home and mobile users
(d) We have Ironport Email Appliance as the email gateway set up in the DMZ network in DR Site.

We are planning to upgrade to Exchange 2010 and we want to use the High Availiblity and Site Resiliency features to Server failure and disaster recovery. Following we what we thinking in terms of design
(a) A mailbox server and a second server having CAS and Hub Transport Role in the main office .
(b) A mailbox server and a second server having CAS and Hub Transport Role in DR Site
(c) Create a DAG and add the two mailbox servers as members of DAG
(d) Create a passive copy of databases on the mailbox server in DR Site
I am little confused in setting up a CAS array. If Network Load Balancing is used, does it load balance client access traffic or would it just come into play when the main office site goes down? When both sites are up, I would want to avoid MAPI traffic going across the WAN connection to be load balanced as majority of our internal users are in the main office.
Since we will have even number of DAG members, we will need a file witness server.Where should the file witness server be located?
We have a  single domain but two different sites. They are in the same subnet and the IP address scheme in main office is 192.168.10.*  and the DRSite is 192.168.11.*.

In case of main site being down, would the fail-over be automated or need to be done manually. If its a manual process, can somebody guide me through the steps involved. If I am missing something in terms of design, please provide your feedbacks and they would be very helpful.

Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Exchange 2010 High Availability and Site ResilencyHi, We are currently running a front and back end Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter