• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Design Considerations for 2003 & 2010

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Design Considerations for 2003 & 2010 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Design Considerations for 2003 & 2010 - 4.Jan.2012 5:26:56 PM   
acrodriguez

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some ideas from the Exchange group. I am the Senior Network & Systems Corporate Engineer for my company. I handle both sides of the house. We are an international company that has many disconnected autonomous networks around the world. Recently, due to some strategic/political idea, our site in France wants to join our .com email system. At present, we are a 2003 Exchange house planning on upgrading to a 2008 backbone and Exchange 2010. Our France site wants to move over immediately and host their own Exchange server there but they are still using 2003. I had an idea to use a POP3 connector or RPC over HTTP from their server to ours so that they could get email using our .com email address. Our ultimate goal would be to extend our AD to them and install a 2010 email server that could be down hill shot from our Gateway server. Unfortunately, we are on different time tables for getting any implementation to their side. I would welcome any design ideas that I could review as a temporary option till we could migrate them into our AD and extend the setup. One of the requirements in the interim is that IT manager wants to be able to setup their own usernames and passwords for the email boxes.

Thank you in advance...Carlos
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Design Considerations for 2003 & 2010 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter