• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010, DAG and lost E-mail

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Exchange 2010, DAG and lost E-mail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010, DAG and lost E-mail - 5.Jan.2012 10:46:19 AM   
hunglikethor

I have two Exchange 2010 servers in different sites set up as a DAG with two folders.  Each site is primary for one folder and backup on the other.  I have recently begun to migrate from 2007 to 2010 and have moved several mailboxes over for testing purposes.  My gateway mail server is set up to forward mail to each of the Exchange 2010 servers based on mailbox location.

A strange thing happens on one of my sites.  Despite having the primary active preference (1), the active database for site 2 changes mounting from the exchange2010 server in site 2 to the exchange2010 server in site 1 (which has an activation preference of 2).  The gateway mail server delivers to the now dismounted exchange2010 server in site 2.  These emails go into a limbo state, not being delivered to the end user until I manually reset the active database to the exchange2010 server in site 2.

How do I prevent the database in site 2 from changing the mounted database?  Why does it magically change the mounted database in the first place?

Note:  The exchange2010 server in site 1 shows the correct mounting.  For some reason it the exchange2010 server in site 2 that changes the mounting for its mailbox database folder, most likely causing this limbo state.  The mailboxes located on the database in site 1 are not affected and the exchange2010 server in site 1 does not switch database preferences.

< Message edited by hunglikethor -- 17.Jan.2012 9:29:19 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Exchange 2010, DAG and E-mail blackhole - 11.Jan.2012 11:50:38 AM   
john321

I am running Exchange 2010 behind a router, with port mapping on 25 ... Judging from your question you do not know that Exchange is an email server. ... The whole point is to delete or blackhole the undesired traffic before it ...

Body Armour | Safeguard Clothing

(in reply to hunglikethor)
Post #: 2
RE: Exchange 2010, DAG and E-mail blackhole - 17.Jan.2012 9:28:27 AM   
hunglikethor

john321 I am not sure what you are talking about.  I know that Exchange 2010 is a mail server.  This is an issue of lost email, nothing to do with undesired traffic.  

(in reply to john321)
Post #: 3
RE: Exchange 2010, DAG and E-mail blackhole - 17.Jan.2012 1:07:35 PM   
RustyShackleford

I think John posted in the wrong thread.

Post #: 4
RE: Exchange 2010, DAG and lost E-mail - 24.Feb.2012 1:45:47 PM   
hunglikethor

Figured out the issue. It was a mistake on the receive connector; I needed to add each Exchange 2010 server to the receive as well as the send connectors in order to ensure that mail is received. As soon as I did that everything was OK except for DAG mounting database switching. I think I just need to be careful during reboots to verify that correct databases are mounted in each site.

Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Exchange 2010, DAG and lost E-mail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter