• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Allowing Public Access to email

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Allowing Public Access to email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allowing Public Access to email - 22.Jan.2012 11:00:41 AM   
Zer0 G

I need to come up with a way to allow public access to email while also restricting the ability to delete email.

Currently I am using outlook webaccess and the public knows how to log into the account. The issue I run into is that people delete email.

I've set up a retention policy on the account but I have to manually go in every day and undelete and recover from deleted items.

I am just trying to configure the account so people can view the email, they just cant delete anything.
Post #: 1
RE: Allowing Public Access to email - 22.Jan.2012 2:06:54 PM   
mark@mvps.org

Exchange is absolutely not your tool for this job. At all!

What's the business requirement and scenario? Maybe someone can offer a solution where Exchange receives the messages and sends them somewhere t be read? I'm thinking a little SharePoint install somewhere.

But no, Exchange and its clients are not what you're looking for here.

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to Zer0 G)
Post #: 2
RE: Allowing Public Access to email - 22.Jan.2012 6:53:05 PM   
Zer0 G

Hey, thank you for the reply.

I thought about Sharepoint and I really should look into that a little further.

Currently the workaround I've found is still allowing the public to log into the account through OWA but then they have to open the public folder to read the mail. Its the only public folder they have access to. I've also made it so mail can't be sent from this account at all but yeah.. If I can find a solution that doesn't involve them logging into my OWA, then That'd be great.

They arent able to delete the mail at this point.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Allowing Public Access to email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter