• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains - 31.Jan.2012 8:48:19 AM   
tn.zaw

Hi All,
Does any body know how to input two different SSL certificates for Exchange 2007 server hosting two different SMTP domain? eg. *.abc.com and *.xyz.com.

Post #: 1
RE: SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains - 25.Jul.2012 3:51:09 AM   
Hansy123

A Wildcard SSL certificate (*.yourdomain.com) will secure all first-level subdomains of a particular domain. This could work to secure your Exchange 2007 server, but it is not reccomened for these reasons:

* You wouldn't be able to access the server using the internal server name (Server01) because it is not covered by the certificate and you would receive a "name mismatch" error.
* A wildcard certificate is incompatible with POP3 and IMAP4 on Exchange 2007. See Microsoft's explanation of what certificates to use with Exchange 2007 for more information.

SSL Certificate

(in reply to tn.zaw)
Post #: 2
RE: SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains - 31.Jul.2012 8:04:15 AM   
Click SSL

The Wildcard SSL Certificate helps to enable SSL encryption on multiple sub-domains using a single certificate as long as the domains are control by the same organization and share the same second-level domain name. A Wildcard SSL Certificate ensures secure, graceful and convenient internet shopping.

Wildcard SSL is compatible with most of the current browsers including IE 5.01+, AOL 5+, Netscape 4.7+, Opera 7+, Safari, Mozilla 1+ and Firefox 1+. In addition, Wildcard Certificates are confirm by any servers, which supports SSL v2 or v3 technology

Any wildcard certificate for *.exampledomain.com will secure www.exampledomain.com, mail.exampledomain.com, and any other subdomain of exampledomain.com.

< Message edited by Click SSL -- 11.Jun.2013 8:31:51 AM >

(in reply to Hansy123)
Post #: 3
RE: SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains - 9.Aug.2012 6:14:44 AM   
amit00001

Instead of taking two certificate generate a request for single SAN certificate (Subject Alternative Name) with all the domain name included in it.
While generating the request include all the domain name in it and a single certificate will do the job for you.Once you get your SAN certificate it will be applicable for both your domain.

(in reply to Click SSL)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Secure Messaging >> SSL certificate with Multiple SMTP domains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter