Set-OABVirtualDirectory Error (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation

liminal -> Set-OABVirtualDirectory Error (31.Jan.2012 8:24:57 PM)

Hi guys,

Iím trying to follow the Exchange Server Deployment Assistant to transition from Exchange 2003 to 2010, and Iím up to the part where I need to configure the URL for the offline address bookÖ but itís not happening. Every time I run:

Set-OABVirtualDirectory -Identity "CAS01\OAB (Default Web Site)" -ExternalUrl https://mail.contoso.com/OAB -RequireSSL:$true

I get this error referencing my either my PDC or my current Exchange server??

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'CAS01\OAB (Default Web Site)' couldn't be found on '2003mailserver.domain'.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Set-OabVirtualDirectory], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : B09E2F39,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.SetOabVirtualDirectory

Why is it doing that? Am I not just setting up the OAB for when I change the port forward to the new mail server??

de.blackman -> RE: Set-OABVirtualDirectory Error (1.Feb.2012 8:12:48 AM)

What output do you get when you type GET-OABVirtualDirectory -identity "CAS01\OAB (Default Web Site)" ?

liminal -> RE: Set-OABVirtualDirectory Error (1.Feb.2012 6:06:22 PM)

Thanks for the reply, im getting an error

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'CAS01\OAB (Default Web Site)' couldn't be found on 'exchange2003mailserver.domain'.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-OabVirtualDirectory], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 9D365C80,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfigurationTasks.GetOabVirtualDirectory

Page: [1]