• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange 2010 DAG Redundancy

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Exchange 2010 DAG Redundancy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange 2010 DAG Redundancy - 3.Feb.2012 6:15:52 AM   
smaxwell2

Hi All,

I am having an issue with an Exchange DAG setup and am struggling to make the system fully redundant.

At the moment we have the following servers :

DomainController01
DomainController02
Exchange01 (CAS MBX HT)
Exchange02 (CAS MBX HT)

The FSW (File Share Whitness) has been placed on 'DomainController01' and the correct permissions are set as per the TechNet arcicle on placing the FSW on a domain controller.

We have only one mailbox database 'MailboxDB01', with a copy stored on Exchange01 and Exchange02

We have a load balancer infront of these two exchange boxes balancing the CAS requests between the two CAS servers and everything CAS side is working perfectly.

Let me explain the problems I am having.

If I shutdown Exchange01, the mailbox database 'MailboxDB01' automatically gets mounted on Exchange02 - perfect :o)

If I then power back on Exchange01 and then shutdown Exchange02, mailbox database 'MailboxDB01' gets mounted on Exchange01 - again ... perfect :o)

When I run the command 'Test-ReplicationHealth' everything is spot on.

The problems start when I shutdown DomainController01.

I am getting error messages like :

"The Cluster service is shutting down because quorum was lost. This could be due to the loss of network connectivity between some or all nodes in the cluster, or a failover of the witness disk. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges."

"exchange02:
Server 'EXCHANGE02.domain.co.uk' is not up according to the Windows Failover Cluster service.

exchange01:
An Active Manager operation failed. Error: An error occurred while attempting a cluster operation. Error: Cluster API '"ClusterRegSetValue() failed with 0x6be. Error: The remote procedure call failed"' failed..
."

So my setup can sustain failure of either Exchange box. However the system pretty much grinds to a halt when DomainController01 goes down and the file share witness is lost.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Look forward to your response

Thanks, Scott
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> Exchange 2010 DAG Redundancy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter