• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

removing exchange 2003 coexistence

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> removing exchange 2003 coexistence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
removing exchange 2003 coexistence - 10.Feb.2012 6:22:58 AM   
watts3000

Guys I have a situation where I need to manually remove Exchange 2003 servers from our active directory. We have been running in coexistense with our new Exchange 2010 setup for over a month however its time to get rid of all the 03 stuff. The problem is one of our admins deleted all the virtual machines that were running Exchange 2003 so as of right now Exhange 2010 still thinks that we have legacy servers which technically we do because the old Exchange 2003 attributes were not removed from AD. So my question is what is the proper way to manually remove any trace of Exchange 2003 from your AD. I'm came across articles that talk about manually removing Exchange from a server than reinstalling on the same server these server are gone for good my focus is removing from AD. So if anyone has any experience with this please let me know of course I will take a fresh AD backup before starting anything.

I've been checking out this link and the only part that applys to me is the AD part

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396
Post #: 1
RE: removing exchange 2003 coexistence - 10.Feb.2012 8:51:12 AM   
de.blackman

Honestly, I would attempt to reinstall the exchange 2003 server (must be installed on the same OS, same SP level, same Exchange and its SP level) using the DisasterRecovery switch and then run a clean uninstall! Going in an manually removing exchange from AD may seem like an easy, fast and good idea right now but you never know what you could miss out and would cause issues down the road!

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to watts3000)
Post #: 2
RE: removing exchange 2003 coexistence - 10.Feb.2012 4:56:01 PM   
RaviShankarappa

I am in same situation except that I had not thrown away exchange2003 box. Make sure, do not apply Exchange SP2 till resolve your current issue.
I brought back exchange 2003 box but still unable to uninstall it.

-Ravi

(in reply to watts3000)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> removing exchange 2003 coexistence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter