Database Cache Size - parameters missing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management

themac2000 -> Database Cache Size - parameters missing (27.Feb.2012 12:25:06 PM)

Hello everyone. I'm running SBS 2011 with Exchange 2010 SP1. I have a database program on this server that I believe is taking issue with the way Exchange utilizes all of the available memory so I was going to go into ADSIEDIT and set the msExchESEparamCacheSizeMax parameter. However when I drill down through ADSIEDIT this parameter along with about 20 other parameters are missing. If I look at a different Exchange 2010 SP1 installation installed on Windows server '08 Std I see that cachesize parameter and a bunch of other parameters. The only differences between the two installations are one was a migration from SBS Exchange 2003 and the other was Exchange 2007 to 2010.

This is driving me nuts. Is there any other way to set this parameter? EMS?

Thanks.

amcvicar -> RE: Database Cache Size - parameters missing (27.Feb.2012 12:38:52 PM)

Are you sure you have "Show only attributes that have Values" unchecked?

themac2000 -> RE: Database Cache Size - parameters missing (27.Feb.2012 1:06:32 PM)

There's no option for that. When I right click the Information Store and click Properties there is an attribute editor tab and a security tab. Is there maybe a registry hack for this value?

themac2000 -> RE: Database Cache Size - parameters missing (27.Feb.2012 1:13:12 PM)

amcvicar, I got it. The filter button had what I needed. *shaking head* Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Page: [1]