• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

deleted domain - now cant send emails to it.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> deleted domain - now cant send emails to it. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
deleted domain - now cant send emails to it. - 28.Feb.2012 5:03:20 PM   
zsmith1027

Hello - we have recently sold a copmany whom we owned the domain. This company now is their own domain with their own exchange servers. I am unable to send email to this domain from my company now as the emails are going to their old inboxes.

So we have MasterCompany and companyA.com. MasterCompany sold companyA.com and companyA.com is their own domain. MasterCompany cannot send emails to companyA.com because these emails are routed to the old, still existing companyA's mailboxes on MasterCompany's exchange server. I have removed companyA from the accepted domains and created a send connector to *.companyA.com to use companyA.com's smart host mail server. Any ideas as to how I can email from MasterCompany to companyA.com without deleting these mailboxes? I still need to back them up and want to send them emails.

Thanks for the help.
Post #: 1
RE: deleted domain - now cant send emails to it. - 1.Mar.2012 12:45:57 PM   
zsmith1027

I figured this out. I changed the existing SMTP addresses of the mailboxes to be prefaced with 'old'. this allows all internal email to companyA.com to now route through the smarthost instead of routing to the local mailbox.

(in reply to zsmith1027)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> deleted domain - now cant send emails to it. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter