• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Cannot open your default email folders. You do not have permission to log on.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Cannot open your default email folders. You do not have permission to log on. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot open your default email folders. You do not have... - 12.Mar.2012 8:43:27 PM   
bati

Hi Guys
We're runing Exchange 2010 with SP1 rollup 6. Everything had been running fine. Since 25/2 three members of the domain admins group lost access of their mailboxes, the only way to get around it is give Domain Admins full access. The 4th domain admin is fine.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting, eg disconnected and reconnected the mailbox so that permission gets reset. I also created a dummy AD account and a dummy mailbox, switched master account around between my AD account/mailbox and the dummy ones. My AD account was able to access the dummy mailbox but the dummy AD account couldnt access mine.

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac216/tigeon3/Capture.png

Below is the symptoms we're experiencing but it only started happening since 25/2 all of a sudden. Nothing to do with migratioon by the way.
I tried its suggestion but no luck.

http://msdynamicswiki.com/2011/12/12/users-cannot-access-their-mailboxes-after-the-migration-because-of-missing-permissions/

Any help is greatly appreciated as I've run out of ideas. I do not want to go for the export/import option as I want to find out the root cause.
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot open your default email folders. You do not ... - 13.Mar.2012 6:01:19 AM   
jveldh

Hi,

When giving the domain admins full mailbox access the inherrit permissions will be removed. When the domain is prepped the domain admins will be assigned deny permissions. As deny overwrites allow this is propablt the cause.

For security purposes it would be better to create "normal" accounts for the admin that they user for login in to their desktop and access their mailbox. And only use the admin account for administration purposes.

Regards,
Johan

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to bati)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot open your default email folders. You do not ... - 13.Mar.2012 6:21:35 PM   
bati

Hi jveldh
Thanks for your reply but let me clarify the situation we're facing. We migrated from 2003 to 2010 back in Oct 2011 and things had been working fine, but all of a sudden, ie since 25/Feb 3 members of the Domain Admins group lost access to their own mailboxes, and we have to add Domain Admins to the ACL to gain access.

We get the following errors:

In Outlook
Cannot open your default email folders. You do not have permission to log on.

In OWA
You donít have permission to open this mailbox.

Please refer to the links I posted above but I don't think it has anything to do with migration as it was done months ago and it's only impacting some members of the domain admins group.

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot open your default email folders. You do not ... - 14.Mar.2012 1:04:06 AM   
bati

I fixed it by removing the Deny Access for Domain Admins on my mailbox only.

(in reply to bati)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Cannot open your default email folders. You do not have permission to log on. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter