• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Folders Disappeared

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Folders Disappeared Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Folders Disappeared - 15.Mar.2012 4:26:20 AM   
ryanoneill

Hello! I came across your forum and was very impressed by the knowledge of so many of you here. Here is my dilemma. I am on MS Exchange 2010.

I deleted my Exchange account on my Ipad after having some email connectivity issues. After doing this, I resinstalled exchange.

To my dismay, I now am missing all of my folders in Exchange on ALL devices. I do have my inbox and sent messages. But everything else is GONE! Help! I am not sure what to do here.
Post #: 1
RE: Folders Disappeared - 15.Mar.2012 9:13:57 AM   
adrian.pettitt

Use full Outlook either 2010 or 2007 and use the recover deleted items tool. 2010 is probably your best bet overall.
I am assuming you have looked in the deleted items folder?

Adrian

(in reply to ryanoneill)
Post #: 2
RE: Folders Disappeared - 15.Mar.2012 12:11:16 PM   
ryanoneill

Yes I have looked there and the emails are not there. Just crazy? I am on hold with Apple right now. If in fact I did delete some of these emails and folders, why wouldn't those emails show up in in my deleted items folder on the server?

I am trying to explain to Apple representative that deleting the exchage account off the Ipad and readding it should not delete ALL of my folder on all of my devices?! (desktop MS Outlook 2010, blackberry, etc?!)

Help!!

(in reply to adrian.pettitt)
Post #: 3
RE: Folders Disappeared - 16.Mar.2012 4:16:53 AM   
adrian.pettitt

Have you tried recover deleted items tool in Outlook 2010?
If mail misses the deleted items folder, can be done with a hard delete, it can still end up in the recover deleted items tool if your mailbox has been setup with that by your admin. By default it is. But you only have a short time to recover the mail before it is purged.

Adrian

(in reply to ryanoneill)
Post #: 4
RE: Folders Disappeared - 16.Mar.2012 12:15:22 PM   
ryanoneill

I was able to recover the folders through another laptop I had with Outlook open (that was not connected to the internet)

Thank you all for your help. I do appreciate it.

(in reply to adrian.pettitt)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Folders Disappeared Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter