• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Certificate Authority

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Certificate Authority Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Certificate Authority - 27.Mar.2012 7:43:43 AM   
glimmer1980

Hi all,

I have the following scenario in my test enviroment:

1x windows 2008 domain controller with certificate authority installed.
1x windows 2008 member server with MS exchange 2007 sp1 installed.

I want to use a self signed certificate through the use of the certificate authority.

I have done the steppes in article below (http://edmckinzie.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/request-and-install-an-exchange-2007-certificate-for-webmail-pop-and-imap-services-new-exchangecertificate/)

I added a windows XP computer to the domain, installed outlook and configured it. This works perfect!

I have an windows XP / 7 computer at home (not in the domain)
I added a dns of webmail.domainname.nl on my test external dns site and forwarded it to my router. Within the router i created a forward to my internal exchange server 2007. The forwarding works nicely.
The only problem i have is that when i try to go to https://webmail.domainname.nl/owa from my home windows XP / 7 computer i still keep getting a warning that the certificate is not trusted.

How can i get my home XP / 7 computer to trust this certificate without having to manually add the certificate on this computer?

Is this even possible?

I hope that there is an anwser,

Kind regards,

Ramon
Post #: 1
RE: Certificate Authority - 27.Mar.2012 7:51:13 AM   
amcvicar

Hi Ramon,
Either your workstation needs to be a member of the domain or it needs to trust the CA. I don't believe there is another way to block the warning. Another option which isn't recommended is to drop SSL and use straight HTTP.

Alastair

(in reply to glimmer1980)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Certificate Authority Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter