• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

almost done with setup just one problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> almost done with setup just one problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
almost done with setup just one problem - 28.Mar.2012 9:12:44 PM   
crazyxbowler

I recently installed exchange 2010 on it's own dedicated server. I am able to set up Outlook to connect to exchange and receive emails. However I am not able to send them. They just sit in the queue. I have set up a send file. I also set up a ptr file but that may of been where I went wrong. I created it in the dns server on the reverse lookup zone. On the host IP i put in the IP address of the exchange server and for the host name I put in the name of the exchange server. The other problem I may have is when I create a user and go into the properties and go to the tab that says email addresses there are 2 of them. The one in bold is the user@domain.local and the other one I added in is the user@domain.com I cannot get the one with the.com as the bold one unless I uncheck the box on the bottom that says update email addresses.

Any Ideas on where I may have went wrong?

Thanks,

John
Post #: 1
RE: almost done with setup just one problem - 29.Mar.2012 9:30:52 AM   
jveldh

Hi,

For sending mails a send connector is required you can create one using the exchange management shell:

New-SendConnector –Name ‘External’ –Usage ‘Internet’ –AddressSpaces ‘SMTP:*;1’
–DNSRoutingEnabled $true –UseExternalDNSServersEnabled $false –Fqdn mail.domein.com

For the e- mail addresses by default the AD domain name is added as domain in the Exchange environment. The default e-mail address policy which is assigned to the users will contain two addresses the .local and .com. If you want to change the primary address assigned to the users simply change the primary e-mail domain in the default e-mail address policy.

Best regards,

Johan Veldhuis

Visit my Exchange blog

(in reply to crazyxbowler)
Post #: 2
RE: almost done with setup just one problem - 29.Mar.2012 8:53:52 PM   
crazyxbowler

I do have a send connector created with that powershell command. Is there something else that a newbie would usually overlook?

Thanks

(in reply to jveldh)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> almost done with setup just one problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter