• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails - 1.Apr.2012 2:05:19 PM   
ralphmaif

This is a brand new, clean installation of a SBS 2011 server. The Exchange receive and send connectors have been configured. The router pushes the appropriate port traffic to the internal IP of the server. There is an mx record of mail.ourdomain.com. There is an A record for mail.ourdomain.com pointing to our public IP. Mail can be received by users, but none of them can send to anyone externally. Is there anything else I am missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails - 2.Apr.2012 11:29:30 AM   
MJF2012

Hi, Have you enabled protocol logging for the SMTP connector to try and identify where things could be going wrong? What does Queue viewer show? You could also check out this MSExchange.org article:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/planning-architecture/smtp-routing-exchange-2010-part4.html

Matt

(in reply to ralphmaif)
Post #: 2
RE: Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails - 3.Apr.2012 1:45:20 AM   
clementrosario

Hi Ralphmaif,

Try this for Internet E-mail Tests
https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Check whether the required ports were open in Firewall
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331973.aspx

(in reply to ralphmaif)
Post #: 3
RE: Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails - 4.Apr.2012 1:22:35 PM   
ralphmaif

Thanks for all the info, guys, and sorry for the delayed response. Turns out AT&T was blocking port 25. I guess they do this now by default on all static IP accounts. Forget that when I spoke with support the other day that I requested specifically they give me an unfiltered connection. . . I still had to call a couple of days later and verify if they had met that request (which they hadn't).

Anyway, this was part of a migration from a Win2k SBS box to the Win2k11 SBS, so obviously there were many challenges. I think we've gotten most of them sorted, but I will certainly come back here if I have any issues. Thanks again! =]

(in reply to clementrosario)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Exch2010 Not Sending External Emails Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter