Certificates host name does not match... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility

chayolle -> Certificates host name does not match... (17.Apr.2012 1:01:31 AM)

Hi,

I have created a Self Signed cert using a free tool and OWA / OutlookAnywhere / OOF / AutiDiscovery is working fine with this. I have a pop connector on my exchange box that fetches the mail from a pop3 host, and have configured a dyndns on my server to be accessible from outside (No fixed IP unfotunately). However, when I try to run exchange connectivity tests, I have the following error, can someone help ?

Testing RPC/HTTP connectivity.
The RPC/HTTP test failed.
Test Steps
Attempting to resolve the host name xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org in DNS.
The host name resolved successfully.
Additional Details
IP addresses returned: xxx.xxx.xxx.43

Testing TCP port 443 on host xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org to ensure it's listening and open.
The port was opened successfully.
Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.
Test Steps
ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org on port 443.
ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.
Additional Details
Remote Certificate Subject: CN=sbs2011, CN=sbs2011.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=ddd.com, CN=localhost, CN=remote.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, Issuer: CN=sbs2011, CN=sbs2011.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=ddd.com, CN=localhost, CN=remote.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org.

Validating the certificate name.
Certificate name validation failed.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
Additional Details
Host name xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=sbs2011, CN=sbs2011.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=ddd.com, CN=localhost, CN=remote.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org.

Gigabitz -> RE: Certificates host name does not match... (20.Jul.2012 8:54:30 PM)

SAN! SAN! SAN!

SUBJECT ALTERNATIVE NAMES which correspond to the name of the exchange server, including the server name, and servers FQDN.

this allows the cert to be mapped to multiple FQDN's

Example external clients may hit OWA.YOURDOMAIN.com
Internal clients may hit the same server as OWA.YOURDOMAIN.INTERNAL

Just a thoughts this line in your message made me think of it.

Validating the certificate name.
Certificate name validation failed.
Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it
Additional Details
Host name xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=sbs2011, CN=sbs2011.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.ddd.local, CN=autodiscover.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org, CN=ddd.com, CN=localhost, CN=remote.xxx-xxxxxxxx.no-ip.org.

Page: [1]