• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook calendar issues

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Outlook calendar issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook calendar issues - 30.Apr.2012 12:59:14 PM   
Silvan

HI,

Having some on-going issues with outlook calendar items. I'm running Exchange 2007 SP3 rollup 6. The issues mostly occure with users that have delegates setup (executive level with EA's handling their meetings).

Our CEO has constant duplicate items. If someone send an update/change on a calendar invite, it will duplicate and show up twice.
CFO has various other issues as well, sometimes items don't sync to mobile devices even though everything else is there.

I just applied Sp3 and update 6 this weekend hoping it would solve the issue however reports from this morning indicate otherwise.
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook calendar issues - 4.May2012 8:38:47 AM   
Silvan

anyone?

(in reply to Silvan)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook calendar issues - 6.May2012 11:08:37 AM   
Ytsejamer1

Yeah...I've had "problems" with calendars and delegates for awhile. Mostly it's really due to user interaction and how they're using whatever client to handle email and calendaring. For example, a meeting invite would come to the executive. His EA would accept it...and then delete the item out of the EA mailbox. That would in turn, delete the meeting. Or a second delegate would delete the meeting invite, causing it to be erased from the executive and the first EA's view.

You're best bet is to have ONE person handling accepting or declining meetings. Our executive actually decided he didn't even want to receive the invites in his calendar because he would delete then and it would be gone even if the EA accepted it previously. So long story short, the EA handles everything and all the executive does is look at his calendar. I also removed the second delegate and told the EA to not delete ANY calendar related items from the inbox.

As for devices, you're at the mercy of said devices and the software running on them. My exchange calendar agenda widget shows correct on my android tablet, but on my phone, items show duplicates....sometimes.

I apologize for not offering you a hard and decisive solution, but sometimes, you can't control everything.

< Message edited by Ytsejamer1 -- 6.May2012 11:10:26 AM >

(in reply to Silvan)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook calendar issues - 7.May2012 9:25:59 AM   
Silvan

Thanks for the input. There is only one EA that is assigned to a specific C-Level manager so only one delegate. Both of them have their setup for the executive to see the invite in their outlook however the EA always processes it. One of them used to be setup to not receive any of the calendar invites but wanted it changed a while back.

I'll have to chat with them and see how they are handling/deleting invites etc to see if I can minimize the impact.

As far as the duplicate calendar entry, it's not just on the mobile device, even on Outlook many of the calendar items that are updated with a change, end up showing up twice afterwards.

(in reply to Ytsejamer1)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Outlook calendar issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter