With 2 servers, how does exchange know which one to send email through? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation

abacabb -> With 2 servers, how does exchange know which one to send email through? (31.May2012 12:09:18 PM)

We are running Exchange 2007 SP1. I installed a 2nd server in our organization. By default, the second server knows to send email through our first server. How does exchange know to do this? If I wanted the 2nd server to be the one sending email for our organization, where would I configure that?

clementrosario -> RE: With 2 servers, how does exchange know which one to send email through? (1.Jun.2012 2:18:44 AM)

Hi,

Whether all the roles are installed on the same server?
By design invisible send connectors are automatically configured to route messages internally between hub transport servers using AD site.
The second server will start to route the message after modifying the send connector routing and DNS settings
Get-SendConnector | where {$_.SourceTransportServers -like FQDN of First Exchange Server"} | Set-SendConnector -SourceTransportServers "Second Exchange 2007 server"

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310767%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx

Page: [1]