• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange se... - 13.Jun.2012 11:16:51 AM   
arcolino

hello all, I have an interesting problem that has been going on for a few days now. I have emails come into my inbox then they disappear, they do not go to outbox or sent or junk. I turned of all rules and deleted rules as well.

uninstalled outlook, I did a system restore, unjoined rejoined domain, changed computer name, created new user account profile. Issue happens with outlook closed and in owa. I setup another machine on the network with the client it started happening there. I called websense they filter our emails they said once emails are coming in they are not blocking.

is there some kind of mailbox repair or cleanup in exchange? or reconstruct? the problem started last week friday. I did the restore the day before that same issue
Post #: 1
RE: emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchang... - 14.Jun.2012 6:26:31 PM   
Helen777

Hi! make sure that you don’t have the default delivery location set to a pst-file in your Outlook. To do this go to File-> section Info-> button Accounts Settings-> Account Settings…-> tab Data Files-> select the Exchange mailbox-> button Set As Default. When the *.pst is set as the default delivery location, the messages are moved out of the mailbox and into the *.pst as they arrive in Outlook.
Additionally, installing RU6 or SP2 may fix the issue.

PlexHosted LLC

(in reply to arcolino)
Post #: 2
RE: emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchang... - 14.Jun.2012 9:35:35 PM   
arcolino

Hello all thank you all for helping me and responding to my issue. well guess what it was the freaking add-ins I read somewhere to disable add-ins which I did now my emails are not disappearing! I disabled all of them I'll start enabling one by one to identify which one is the bad add-on. Thank you all again.

(in reply to Helen777)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter