• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

An SMTP protocol error occurred.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> An SMTP protocol error occurred. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An SMTP protocol error occurred. - 2.Aug.2012 5:20:35 AM   
shoaib

Hi,

We have a problem sending email to two specific domains, all other domains recieve our mail properly. Mail being sent to these domains stop in the outgoing queue, one domain says that "addition information" provided is "An SMTP protocol error occurred". and other domain said that "The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt" When I look at the message in the queue, the last line reads: "Message transferred to through SMTP" - note the double space between "to through", where in a successfully message this is filled with a string of "************".

I have reviewed most all the information I can find about DNS/MX/rDNS and confirmed that all the information is correct. I can not Telnet to these mail servers, i tried SMTPdiag and i received the error. please review the link.

http://postimage.org/image/et074fraf/

any one help me please....
Post #: 1
RE: An SMTP protocol error occurred. - 2.Aug.2012 5:24:15 AM   
shoaib

i also checked that my IP and Domain is not blacklisted.

(in reply to shoaib)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> An SMTP protocol error occurred. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter