• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Bckward Migration from 2007--> 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> Bckward Migration from 2007--> 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bckward Migration from 2007--> 2003 - 6.Aug.2012 11:45:58 AM   
sonaliajoshi

Hi All,
We are migrating a system to another state department and the currently the system has some automated emails that go to different people when there are job failures, file uploads etc. These rules are coded on the exchange server 2007. Now when this system migrates to the new department since that department still is on exchange 2003 these rules cannot be coded on the server. What are our options other than upgrade the server to 2007?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Bckward Migration from 2007--> 2003 - 7.Aug.2012 7:51:32 AM   
piyushagrawal

This is possible.
You can go for a third party tool like Lepide Exchange Manager.
With the tool, you can easily copy mailboxes from un-mounted EDB to different Exchange server on the network, migrate mailbox data between two live exchange servers, irrespective of exchange versions being used, extract data from Offline Mailbox, EDB or production server PST, MSG, EML formats and migrate to another Exchange Server

(in reply to sonaliajoshi)
Post #: 2
RE: Bckward Migration from 2007--> 2003 - 7.Aug.2012 10:37:30 AM   
John Weber

In the e2003 mailbox, you are going to have to setup internal Outlook rules (either server or client-side) to handle this. Or change the source so it sends to the proper target. e2003 as you know, does not do this very well.

A further concept would be to write custom event sinks for e2003...not the direction I would want to go, but that is an esoteric option for you.

Convince them to get current.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to sonaliajoshi)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Migration >> Bckward Migration from 2007--> 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter