• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

how can I set up a DAG node to only replicate some DB's ?

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> how can I set up a DAG node to only replicate some DB's ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how can I set up a DAG node to only replicate some DB's ? - 6.Aug.2012 3:00:51 PM   
ajfrost64

i have been asked to add a third member into a DAG. they do not want to replicate all of the DB's or mailboxes. they only want a VIP list of mailbox users for failover. How is this set up? any advice would be most welcome

allan frost
Post #: 1
RE: how can I set up a DAG node to only replicate some ... - 7.Aug.2012 7:19:08 AM   
de.blackman

When you add a new member to the DAG no databases will be replicated to it by default anyways. You can choose which databases can be replicated to it. DAG replicates entire databases not mailboxes! If you only wish to replicate some mailboxes, then place them in the same database and then add a database copy to the new DAG member.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to ajfrost64)
Post #: 2
RE: how can I set up a DAG node to only replicate some ... - 9.Aug.2012 6:01:14 AM   
amit00001

The simplest way to achive this is create a new database on any of your mailbox server, move all the VIP mailboxes on the new database. Add the third mailbox server in DAG and now you can configure to replicate only new database on the third mailbox server. Hope this resolves your query

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> High Availability >> how can I set up a DAG node to only replicate some DB's ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter