• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Exchange SBS 2003 Activesync problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange SBS 2003 Activesync problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exchange SBS 2003 Activesync problem - 19.Sep.2012 5:13:21 AM   
Vryolaka

Hi,

I'm having issues with a client's system. Up until recently everything has been fine with Exchange 2003 on SBS and Blackberry Enterprise Server. As i said, working fine until the director bought an iPad recently and wants his emails available on that.

This isn't normally an issue, i've set up a number of Exchange servers and managed to configure email availability for smartphones / tablets on all of them, it normally works pretty much out of the box with very little fiddling.

This particular system is causing me issues. The connection is failing (according to https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com) at the following point:

Attempting the FolderSync command on the Exchange ActiveSync session.
 	The test of the FolderSync command failed.

Additional Details
 	An HTTP 403 forbidden response was received. The response appears to have come from Unknown. Body of the response: <body><h2>HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden</h2></body>

I have read in a number of places that this could be related to Forms Based Authentication and that it is possible to configure it to work properly with this enabled but nobody seems to provide sufficient instructions on how to get it sorted. I have already tried running the internet connection and email wizard (not sure if that's exactly what it's called, but there's only one wizard i've found relating to email and internet) and that hasn't solved the problem.

As it's a production environment i'd be working in, i don't have the luxury of playing around (especially when it's a client's system and not my own).

Anyone come across this one before? It's driving me up the wall! Any help would be really appreciated, especially a fix that doesn't involve any disruption for the users.

Many thanks!!
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> Exchange SBS 2003 Activesync problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter