• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Rebuild CAS/Hub Server in Mixed Environment

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Rebuild CAS/Hub Server in Mixed Environment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rebuild CAS/Hub Server in Mixed Environment - 21.Sep.2012 7:03:45 PM   
wavegeek

We successfully upgraded our Exchange 2007 environment to Exchange 2010 and are now running in hybrid mode. We have an Exchange 2007 mailbox server, an Exchange 2007 mailbox role, and Exchange 2010 mailbox role, and an Exchange 2010 CAS/Hub server. We have had performance problems with our Exchange 2010 CAS/Hub server concerning high CPU, delayed user connections with Outlook Web App and Outlook client as well as using EMC on that server. We have come to the conclusion that that 2010 CAS server(which is a virtual machine) was made from "bad" VM image template. We want to rebuild our CAS. Would it be difficult to do this? We would like to use the same server name and IP address to minimize user connection issues and downtime. We use a SAN cert for this CAS as well.
Post #: 1
RE: Rebuild CAS/Hub Server in Mixed Environment - 22.Sep.2012 7:46:28 AM   
bati

Before considering rebuilding the CAS, what troubleshooting has been done so far?

Increasing RAM and CPU?
Uninstalling of server-level antivirus and Exchange-level antirivus?
Removal of any hidden NIC?
Removal of the existing NIC and reinstall with VMXNET 3?

(in reply to wavegeek)
Post #: 2
RE: Rebuild CAS/Hub Server in Mixed Environment - 22.Sep.2012 8:59:48 AM   
noahisa512

[url=http://www2.agilityrecovery.com/business-continuity/]Business Continuity[/URL] is much more important than ever before. The intensity and frequency of major natural disasters has risen from 100 per annum from the 1970s to greater than 500 every year today. [url=http://www2.agilityrecovery.com/disaster-preparedness/]Disaster Preparedness[/URL] is determing the best disaster recovery partner. Conduct your research for a disaster recovery partner within a quiet time - don’t delay until a disaster is imminent. [url=http://www2.agilityrecovery.com/continuity-of-operations/]Continuity of Operations[/URL] during or after the disaster is a large undertaking, and one your organization doesn’t need to take alone. You may recover your business considerably faster when you have a partner that understands your business and has the resources you need.

< Message edited by noahisa512 -- 22.Sep.2012 9:01:18 AM >

(in reply to wavegeek)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Installation >> Rebuild CAS/Hub Server in Mixed Environment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter